Founded in 2010, 90Seconds is a video authoring platform that simplifies the complexity of video production, connecting brands to freelance creators through a simple, streamlined workflow.
User experience background
90Seconds has three key user roles in the platform:
- Brands – the brands that order a custom video
- Creators – freelancers who carry out orders for shooting, installation, sound, etc.
- Producers – Producers are 90 Second employees that liaison between brands and creators. These are production or account managers who make sure that the production process goes in the right direction, so that freelancers have good content, and that the same freelancers meet their deadlines.
All user roles work toward the same purpose – to bring ideas to reality as video projects. Coordinating these roles and their various tasks is an enormous challenge and continuity of user experience is one of the main reasons the product has been so successful.
Bringing ideas to reality is harder than it appears.
For 90Seconds the goal is to reduce the amount of routine/mundane work performed by Producers so they can focus on proactively serving brands and creators. Eliminating mundane producer tasks such as daily health checks on various projects, questions, blockers, and deadlines allows prioritized work and more efficient customer service.
Matching logic and filters are a top UI/UX web innovation – allowing users to quickly find a needle in a haystack of needles. The ability to quickly and efficiently narrow results is an important part of positive user experience. The continuity of the user experience should always be an overarching theme. Users want to smoothly progress towards their goals while maintaining a sense of UI stability and continuity.
To accomplish this, Sphere developed a “matching framework” which matches various projects with the best producer. The matching framework includes multiple automations which improves producer efficiency and customer satisfaction. This includes reducing the need to search for projects that are at risk – a new algorithm identifies tasks at risk and automatically assigns them to the most suitable producer.
- By streamlining workflows and integrations to a cloud-based billing system, a Recruitment CRM platform company eliminated triple-entry errors at half the cost of Netsuite professional services. By streamlining workflows and integrations to a cloud-based billing system, a Recruitment CRM platform company eliminated triple-entry errors at half the cost of Netsuite professional services.
- Sphere Creates Robust NetSuite Integrations for e-Commerce Firm Sphere Creates Robust NetSuite Integrations for e-Commerce Firm
- Case Study: Integra Credit Partners with Sphere for Legacy System Modernization About Integra Credit Founded in 2014, Integra Credit is a Chicago-based online consumer lending company. The company provides fast, flexible, and convenient financial solutions to customers regardless of their credit history or credit score. With a team of over 30 years of experience in online lending, the company holds expertise in sophisticated analytical models, big data and innovative ...
- Case Study: OppLoans Enhances UX, Increases Loan App Conversions with Sphere OppLoans Enhances UX, Increases Loan App Conversions with Sphere
- Case Study: Newline Financial’s web app gains future-proof functionality with shift to Google Cloud Platform About Newline Financial Since 2013, Newline Financial has provided specialty finance and property rehabilitation to property owners and counties. Newline purchases and services tax liens nationwide, by utilizing a team of professionals, technologies, and backend analytics. The Challenge To optimize efficiency, Newline Financial launched an internal web app to collect taxes and repay them to property owners with ...
TechStack: ruby, postgresql, react
Let's build an amazing product together
BUILD A WORLD-CLASS TECHNOLOGY TEAM WITH SPHERE
Sphere is an award-winning provider of team augmentation and custom technology solutions. Our teams bring together expertise, process, and technology that drives business value for start-ups and mid-market organizations. As an extension of your development or product teams, we're ready to help you leverage all the opportunities that smart people and beautiful software can bring to your business.
Request an overview of our Technical Management Consulting Services
Learn how Sphere's Technical Management Consulting and other advisory services can help you solve complex business problems. Request a discussion today.