Understanding Mergers and Acquisition Due Diligence – What should you do prior to an acquisition?
Are you comfortable that you have a comprehensive view of your acquisition target’s technical quality, scalability, risks, operational maturity, and OpEx/CapEx investments required?
In complex transactions (such as carveouts or divestiture of assets), careful technical due diligence and planning is required. Does your executive team have the right strategy, team, and plan in place to take the acquisition all the way through to the end? And, how will the acquisition impact your digital transformation efforts?
Given shareholder demands to produce high returns, PE-backed technology companies are often pressured to move faster than what is comfortable. Whether integrating/updating legacy assets, launching a new product build, integrating into a software platform eco-system, cloud transformation, or any major initiative, the effort required is usually massive.
Sphere’s expertise providing M&A due diligence is being leveraged by companies that need a dedicated, cross-functional partner capable of achieving the speed and quality deliverables that support major technology initiatives.
Complete M&A Due Diligence services include:
- Seasoned CTOs and software M&A available on-demand to access all facets of product development capability.
- In-depth reviews and the ability to understand the big picture, market opportunities, and major technology constraints that may impede a successful transaction or help negotiate a better purchase price.
- Cross-functional experience in product strategy, marketing, next-gen technologies, large cloud migrations, business model development, architecture, and cybersecurity.
When it comes to successful investing in the technology and software sector, Sphere can help with proven capabilities to support each stage of your investment. Want to learn more – see case studies that detail our experience or get in touch, let us show you how we can help you:
- Negotiate smarter
- Close the transaction quickly
- Understand the risks and rewards of new technology assets